Friday, September 27, 2013

DOES THE 50 SHADES TRILOGY MAKE WOMEN FEEL SEXUALLY INADEQUATE?

I had an interesting conversation with a woman recently, about the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy. I am an erotica romance writer, but I do not venture into hard core like I perceive the 50 Shades books to be. The first interesting thing the woman said to me, was that she didn't find the books hard core at all. What??? I guess that begs the question..."what is considered hard core". The next thing she said, was that many women who come into her lingerie store and get talking about the books, think that because they don't participate in the same sexual activities as the main characters do, that they are somehow sexually inadequate. Really? Now it's been a while since I read those books, but that was not my take away at all. I truly hope the majority of women who have read E.L. James's trilogy don't feel that because they don't participate in those particular sexual practices, that they are in any way sexually inferior or inadequate. Let's face it, men are not that difficult to please sexually so whatever you're doing with your man, I am sure he is more than pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment